Frequently Asked Questions
Is there a delivery charge?
- Delivery is free for all orders over $99.00 inc GST to all capital cities except Darwin and Perth, and some regional cities of Australia. For order values under $99.00 or outside capital cities freight charges will be calculated at the checkout once your delivery address has been entered.
What is the process after I place an order?
- Immediately after placing your order you will receive confirmation by email
- Processing of your order begins immediately
- For all items in stock and for which the order has been placed before midday on a weekday - same day despatch
- For all items in stock and for which the order has been placed on a weekend or public holiday - next business day despatch
- For all items not in stock - within 1 to 5 day despatch
- You will receive an email containing a consignment tracking link when your order is booked for dispatch
- A tax invoice is issued and the item or items are delivered
What freight companies are used?
We use Star Track Express, and Australia Post.
Can I nominate a delivery address other than my home address?
- Yes. Simply fill in the desired delivery address in the shipping section during check out. A business address is often more practical in terms of someone being available to sign for the goods.
What if I am not home when the courier arrives?
- You are given the option during checkout of having your order left at your front door if you are not home to receive it. If you select this option you assume responsibility for the goods once they are left by the driver. Buy & Fit Pty. Ltd. will not be liable to replace goods which are taken from your property.
- If you choose not to have the items left if you are not home, any extra charges relating to repeated delivery attempts will be passed on to you. Star Track may elect to attempt a second delivery OR leave you a card to notify you that the item is available for pick up at an Australia Post outlet. In either case, extra charges will apply. You will be notified by email with documentation of the extra charge and your credit card will be debited within 24 hours of this email.
- For smaller items where Australia Post has been utilised, the driver will leave the item in your letter box or a note for you to pick the item up from the closest nominated post office at your convenience.
- Please note that whether you pay for delivery or are eligible for free delivery, this only covers one attempt from our door to your door. This ensures we are able to offer you incredibly low prices and great value.
When can I expect to receive delivery of my goods?
- Capital cities except Perth and Darwin: 1 - 2 business days from dispatch
- Perth: 3 - 4 business days from dispatch
- Darwin: 5 - 7 business days
- Regional centres in Victoria and New South Wales: 2 - 3 business days
- Country areas in the eastern states: 3 - 7 business days
- Remote areas of NSW, QLD, SA, NT and WA - 5 - 14 business days
(Delivery times are estimates only based on past performance)
What are the implications if my delivery address is in a regional or remote area?
- Estimated delivery times may extend beyond 5 days depending on the location and the goods purchased. Some parts of Australia do not have regular and standard delivery services available. Buy and Fit reserves the right to determine if delivery to these area’s is offered and if so, if additional delivery charges are to be applied.